Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I'm Back!!!!



Oh My Word!!! I have been gone like forever. A winter break I suppose. It's been one thing after another. Hopefully things will settle in now and get back to some sort of normalcy, if that's at all possible, lol. I have some good news!! My daughter is home from the hospital!! YAY!! She was released about three weeks ago and has been doing pretty good except for the occasional mood swings. That could entirely be her age. She is going to be 15 on March 21st. My Baby, my Son turned 20 on Sunday the 13th. He surprised us all by telling us he was moving out and getting his own apartment. My Son lives with my Mom. She is a little leary but wishes him well. I too am a little worried about him being on his own but I guess, sink or swim right??? I think he can do it but he is really going to have to change things. He does not save money at all. Could be a problem. The other big problem he is facing is he doesn't have a car. YIKES!!! He's looking when he's not working. Problem is he works so darn much. Ah well, always something right. I have been sick with an Upper Resperatory Infection. Boy is it a doozy. Two rounds of antibiotics and I still don't feel 100%. I'm just so tired and my ear still really hurts too. Time will tell.

On to the card...I started with a white card stock base, added a cherry cobbler layer, on that I wrapped some cotton lace around it, I took a page from an old encylopedia we had laying around that we don't use anymore, lol, and cut a piece for the side. I cut out Tilda with Nesties and popped her up to give it some dimension. To finish off the card, I added flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts and a charm from The Charm Barn, neat little place to get charms, inexpensive too, I thought. I Used Crystal stickles on the rim of the umbrella and Crystal Effects on the rain drops and the puddle to make it look like real rain. All in all I think it turned out ok, What do you think????

Sorry I didn't have the copic colors for you, I actually did this card several weeks ago and am now just getting to posting it. Busy, Busy, Busy!!! Hope you all have been doing well. Would love to hear from you!! Missed you all!!

Enjoy what's left of the evening and have a great day tomorrow!!

Rubber Hugs,
Kim

13 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, good to see you back. Sorry about your being so sick. Having kids myself I know how it can be. OK, with that said, I think your did a beautiful coloring job and your layout is wonderful! Your charm fits in perfect!! Great job!
    Judy K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, Kim! Love how you used the encylopedia page on it and this Tilda makes me think spring!!! YAY! Glad you're feeling a little better!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back Kim!! I was wondering where you've been. I hope you get to feeling 100% soon. It sucks when you consistently don't feel well...makes you not want to do anything. Love the idea of recycling an old encyclopedia! Your card is adorable! Hugs, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cute Kim - bright sunny colors! Yes you have been gone forever but you have come back with a big bang! Tilda looks wonderful!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card Kim love the colors!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kim...you've had alot going on, hon! Glad your daughter is home from the hospital! And so happy that you're feeling a bit better!! Your card is adorable...and perfect for today's overcast weather here in Richmond!! Take it easy and pace yourself with your crafting!! Have a great days, sweetie! Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Love that Cherry cobbler color! Thanks for sharing and I hope you get to feeling better real soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really sweet Kim!! I love the coloring on the Tilda and your sweet charm!! Hope you feel better!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back Kim! We missed you!
    This card is so cute...I've been meaning to get that Tilda out because I loooove her and now you've inspired me!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, love your card and the way you colored Tilda. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card, Kim! Love these colors and the beautiful colored image! Glad you're fine now! Wish you all the best and more time for crafting!
    Hugs, Iulia [new follower}:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Kim, a darlilng card.. but she needs to get out of the rain or maybe now we are having rain and those who had been having snow love it.. great job on your coloring and your layout is just perfect.. not too much water collected under her!!
    Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete