Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Card for Sarah and a Valentine




Hi there Maggie Lovers!! Hope you are all having a Fantastic day!! Mine started out not so good but I was determined not to have a bad day. I got a surprise in the mail today...my swaps from a group I'm in on the Magnolia Group. The December Card Kit Swaps. They are awesome!! They definitely helped to brighten my day. I right away got to it and made a card with some of the goodies I received. That's the Valentine card. The Valentine card was made all with goodies I recieved from the swap except for the rhinestones that I added from my stash. If you belong to the Magnolia Group this is one swap you should really consider joining. My other card today is for my daughter Sarah. I have been sending her a card every day if I can. She likes getting mail, what kid doesn't right?? So I have really been trying to send a card a day.
For Sarah's Card, I started with a Bordering Blue Base by Stampin Up. Added some DP from Stampin Up that I distressed around the edges. I used my Nesties to cut out the Lace Oval, sponged bashful blue from SU, added some pearls from my stash and popped up Tilda on it. Tilda was colored with Copics. To Embellish it I added some chipboard letters to spell out LOVE U and added some purple flowers from my stash too. Sorry I didn't write down the Copic colors.
For the Valentine card...I really can't tell you too much about it since I did not have a hand in picking the items out, well sort of but you know what I mean. The images were colored in Copic Markers. I cut them both out and popped Tilda up on the other. I took three of the flowers and stacked them to make one flower, nice colors, I think, don't you agree?? Love the little swirls too. The DP that was sent is really cute too. Copic Markers Used for this card are: E00, E0000, E01, E57,E53, E51, E31,RV34,RV23,RV29,W1,C1, C3, C5, C7
I'm getting around to finally getting things caught up around here. That means more stamping time. YAY!!! We FINALLY took the application for the YMCA in yesterday. We have only been meaning to do this for months. I hope to get in to swimming programs to strengthen my joints. This arthritis is really getting bad and I need to do something. Water sports is what the doc has recommended. I'm really looking forward to it, although the thought of having to put a swimsuit on does not thrill me all that much, HA!! Hope you all have a great day!! Keep Safe, Keep Warm, Keep Smiling!!
Happy Stamping,
Kim

8 comments:

  1. How pretty!!!! I love looking at Valentines!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, your cards are both really sweet. Looks like your having a blast with the Card swaps! Each card is beautifully designed and I'm sure your daughter will have a huge smile on her face when she see's your card.
    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards Kim, I especially like the 'softness' of the blue one.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're both beautiful, Kim. Love the blues on that first card and the Valentine one is so sweet! How precious of you to send your daughter a card almost every day!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim, both cards are very nice and know they will both be received with great love.. so glad you got your card swap and bet you are having a blast with all of them.. probably can't wait to color all of them! Well have fun!!
    Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are super sweet Kim. wow, you are on Valentines cards already? So well organize, I better do some catch up :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete