Friday, December 10, 2010

He's Making A List...


Good Morning!!
Took a break from making Christmas presents to make this cutie. Reminds me of a cookie jar my Grandparents had with Santa sitting there checking his list. Of course all the girls were good and the boys were bad, lol. Anyway brings back great memories.
To make the card, I started with a Cherry Cobbler base by Stampin Up and added a layer of DP from Paper Pizazz that I purchased at Joann's. I colored Edwin with Copic Markers and cut him out using Nesties. I popped up Edwin on a Real Red Scalloped Oval cut out with Nesties. To embellish the card, I used two holly leaves and berries by Making Memories and the poinsettias are from K&Company.
I have officially finished one, yes one, of the eight Christmas gifts I have to make. The rest should go much easier now that I have the design down. It's time consuming though and I hope my printer cooperates. Lots of printing, cutting and stamping. Also have to stain the stands. Can't say too much about them because my Mom (hi Mom!!) reads my blog. No peaking for her, lol.
As I sit here the snow is falling ever so gently outside. It's still dark out because I couldn't sleep. Have had a few of those nights lately. I know it must be stress. Lots of stuff going on in our little world right now. God will only give us what we can handle,right?? Keep Safe, Keep Warm, Keep Smiling!!
Happy Stamping!!
Kim
Copics Used:
E00, E01, E0000, E31, E51
R29, R37, R35,Y21, Y28, G07
C-3, C-5

6 comments:

  1. So Sweet! Great minds think alike, I just finished a card with the same DP! SO Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the coloring Kim! Edwin is adorable. The dp's are gorgeous and your little pointsetta's are tooo cute! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. HO HO HO and away we go - cute card and I love Edwin!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! was going to tell you I have just finished a card with this DP and i see Lisette has said the same thing. It's very pretty isn't it?
    It's a lovely Christmas card Kim. Very nice design too and the flowers are cute.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card Kim! You did a great job with the design and coloring!
    hugs,
    Shell

    ReplyDelete