Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Peace


Good Morning!! A few days ago I promised to share with you the Christmas cards I made on my Friday night out. There were four different designs and we made a total of twenty cards. That really jumpstarted my holiday cardmaking. I had quite a few Maggies done but let's face it twenty cards in one night makes it pretty easy. The cards are fantastic too, in my opinion.
The first card is a Stampin Up Card. We started with a Vanilla base and added a Perfect Plum layer. On Vanilla cardstock we stamped the branch in Olive, I believe, and then embossed the ornament in amethyst. The purple embossing powder we can no longer find in our area. We used a thumbtack to make two holes for the gold cord to go through and added the cord to the card. We then added the sentiment to the card. The inside of the card reads "May the peace and joy of the season be with you throughout the New Year".
I'm going to spend some much needed time with my Mom this afternoon. (Hi Mom!!) We plan to do a little bit of retail therapy. We have an order from Stampin Up to pick up hopefully today too, YAY!! Lots of goodies in there for me. Stampin Up had a bunch of things on Clearance and I took full advantage of that. We all like a sale right?? Hope you all have a great day!! Keep safe, Keep Warm, Keep Smiling!!
Happy Stamping!!
Kim

6 comments:

  1. Kim, love this card and love the colors. The card is so plain yet so elegant.. You did good..
    Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful Kim - I love the simplicity and the beautiful blue metallic ornament.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Is the branch a SU product? The ornament is awesome.
    Loved your quote of "retail therapy"....consider that lifted...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful embossing on this card :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete