Monday, November 22, 2010

Whew, what a week it's been!!


Good Evening!!
Whew!! It's been a really hectic week.
Both my daughter and my husband ended up in the hospital on the same day, Thursday. As you can imagine, I have had no time for stamping. UGH!!! My daughter is still in the hospital but will be coming home tomorrow. My husband came home Sunday. Scott, my hubby, broke his leg in two places. Had to have surgery to put a rod in his leg and will be out of work for at least 12 weeks. They say it will be 9-12 months before he is completely back to normal range again, yikes!! I am playing nurse now at home and am very busy. Didn't realize how tiring it can be either. I give those nurses in the hospital a lot of credit. Took us 2 hours to get him washed up today, omg!! Well you all didn't come here to listen to me babble and carry on.
For my card today, I really kept it simple. I had just a bit of time to stamp. Have to get in as much as I can during that time. I'm making my Christmas cards that need to be sent out. Here is one of them that will go out. I started with a Night of Navy base from Stampin Up, added a layer of Cherry Cobbler card stock also by Stampin Up, then added a layer of DP from DCWV. I punched out the ornaments from the Tags Till Christmas Set from Stampin Up which I stamped in Night of Navy and Cherry Cobbler ink. The Merry Christmas Ornament is stamped from the Holiday Best set from Stampin Up. I added silver cord to the ornaments (hard to see in the picture) and some brads in the corners.
Are any of you getting snow?? I know my brother is in DuVall, WA outside of Seattle. Supposed to turn to ice. That more than likely is headed our way. They are calling for snow on Thanksgiving day so we'll see. Keep checking my blog, I'm getting close to 5000 hits and when I do I will have blog candy. Well, hope you all are having a great week. Keep Safe, Keep Warm, Keep Smiling!!
Happy Stamping,
Kim

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Kim, with all that's going on in your life I'm amazed that you were able to get a card made at all! Hope your hubby heals quickly and that your daughter will be out of the woods soon too! Your card, even though not a maggie, is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kim I hope everyone is ok! Try to make some time for yourself...which will be really hard to do! Cute card!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute Kim! Lucky person who gets it! Sorry to hear so many health problems in your family right now, hang in there and stamp when you can. It's a wonderful outlet is'nt it. Hope you can have a great turkey day nurse Kim!
    Judy K.

    ReplyDelete