Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Tangled Mess


Good Morning!!
What family doesn't go through untangling the Christams lights just like our Edwin is here? It's a family tradition!! I saw this Edwin and just had to have him. How cute is he!?!?! He is so fun to color too. Again, I wanted to keep this card simple for mailing purposes. Here are the details: I started with a Real Red base from Stampin Up. Added a layer of DP from DCWV and wrapped a Happy Holiday Ribbon from Michael's or Joann's, not sure which, around the DP. I colored my image with Copic Markers and cut him out with Nesties. Then I added gems from my stash to the corners. The gems were adhered with my new toy--a cordless glue gun. I love it!! I know not a big deal but for me it is!! Now I can really get my embellies to stick. They are not coming off and that is so important!!
Managed to get my stamping area cleaned up and organized yesterday. Now I don't know where anything is, lol. For the most part I do but there are little odds and ends that I don't remember where exactly I put them without having to search for them. When I'm stamping, I don't want to be hunting around for stuff. I'll figure it out. Still have one little corner to get to today. I'm hoping to find Christmas cards that have been made. That would be nice. I will be ahead of the game if I can find those.
Thanks for stopping by!! Keep Safe, Keep Warm, Keep Smiling!!
Happy Stamping,
Kim
Copics Used:
E00, E01, E0000, E37, E33, E31
B97, B95, B29, B12, YG06, YG03,
YG11, 100, G07, YR07, R27, Y06

13 comments:

  1. LOL - family tradition it is... ;)

    Lovely card and the image is sooo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I just seen this stamp in the minis. First time I've seen it used and you've done Edwin justice! Beautiful!

    Blessings ~
    Leslie Avila

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Edwins are cute. A boy after my heart. You did a great job with the coloring. The tangled lights bring back yearly memories of decorating.
    Hope to see you later today
    Luv Ya
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super job on this card, Kim! I just love this Edwin. Your rhinestones pick up perfectly the colors of the lights he has wrapped around himself. Cute, Cute, card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card. But it gives me shudders when I think of what we'll be doing in a few weeks :)
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! He is indeed a tangled mess...sort of reminds me of my husband trying to sort out his mother's lights for her!!! He looks great...love his cheeks! My poor Edwins always end up a bit too rouged! ;)
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, what a cute card!! I love the gems, they look like some of the lights got away!! LOL!! Edwin is adorable, love the image!!
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, he looks to be in a little trouble there but sooo adorable. Great job Kim!!
    Judy K.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable card, Kim! Edwin is so cute! Great job!!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Kim!
    I can relate. Yes it is a family tradition untangling the lights and some words get spoken too!! Edwin is such a cutie :o)
    Pretty paper and embellishments as well. Always a good thing to make 'skinny' cards for Christmas mailing.
    I also am doing my craft area and the worst of it is not finding what I want - I almost wish it was 'back' the way it used to be LOL LOL LOL
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim I love this image -- I like the way you tilted Edwin - he definitely is off balance!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable Kim.. love this Edwin stamp and am going to order him.. when my one of my grandsons was little my dil strung lit lights around him and took pictures of him.. Course his name being Nicholas it was so easy to scrap I put "Jolly ole St Nicholas", now I want that stamp to incorporate on that page... will be cute.. You did a great job with your card...
    Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  13. adorably colored Kim! Can't wait to ink and color this one! such color-book therapy! : )
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete