Thursday, November 18, 2010

Shopping Spree


Good Morning!!
For my card I tried something new. The ribbon treatment is totally new for me. I had seen it done on so many cards and had always wanted to give it a try. So I did!! I think it came out ok for my first attempt. My card uses a Stampavie Penny Johnson Stamp, isn't it adorable. She's all loaded up with holiday goodies. I colored her with Copic Markers--sorry I did not keep track of the colors used. I cut her out with nesties and popped her up on a nesties oval made from Real Red card stock from Stampin Up. I then added a layer of DP from DCWV and my base is from Stampin up. I just realized as I was typing this that I have written the instructions in reverse, lol. I started of course with the base, then the DP and so on. I'm looking at the card and giving you details but have to remember to start from the base up, HA!!
Yesterday was not completely a loss. I thought I would spend most of the day in bed but I actually forced myself to stay up and colored some images and got a swap all taken care of etc. I have been asked to make some cards for the Ronald McDonald House her in the Buffalo area. They got a hold of some of my cards somehow and my label was on the back with my address and phone number and they called me to ask if I would be able to donate to them. Cards that is. I accepted, now just need to make up a bunch. Difficult to do at this time of the year. I also was asked by someone to make some Holiday cards for her. I don't know how many or anything at this point but I told her we would talk about it. So, I need to stamp!! I have a BIG order coming in from Stampin Up soon and that has some Christmas stuff in it, so can't wait to play! Hope you all have a great day!! Keep Safe, Keep Warm, Keep Smiling!!
Happy Stamping,
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim! Thought it was time I stopped by to say Hi!
    Love your cards-all are very festive! Cute layouts and colors!
    This little shopper is very sweet-nice job on the ribbon!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete