Monday, November 15, 2010

Back After A Brief Break


Good Morning!!
I'm finally back after a short break and it feels good to be back!! Just had too many things going on in general and believe it or not stamping took a back seat to it all. One of the positive things for our family is my Mom (Hi Mom!!) bought us our Christmas present early and bought us the Xbox 360 Kinect. Let me tell you this game system is AWESOME!!! No controls to use, everything is all by sensor. And let me tell you, you really get a work out with this thing too. You're jumping and running in place, waving your arms around, etc. and it really gets the blood pumping. We were all sore the next day, lol. Fun to use and easy to use.
On to my card, I have to really start making my Christmas cards. I really can't afford to send out the square cards to EVERYONE so I am making a lot of the 5 1/2 X 4 1/4 sizes. Here is one of them. Not a lot of embellies either. I think he is still cute though. Edwin with Package was colored using Copic Markers. I cut him out with an oval Nesties. The card base is Ballet Blue from Stampin Up. I then added a DP layer from DCWV, added the image, then the sentiment which is actually cut out from DP from DCWV. I added some sticky dots to the corners and that was it.
Today I am going to organize a bit of my stamping stuff, we'll see how much I get done. Then I hope to be able to stamp some more. I received a bunch of Maggie's in the mail and I can't wait to use them. I also got quite a few flowers and other accessories so I am all set to go. I really need to get working on my Christmas projects too. I work well under pressure but I really wish I didn't have too. Hope you all have a great day!! Keep Safe, Keep Warm, Keep Smiling!!
Happy Stamping,
Kim
Copics Used:
E00,E01,E000o,E31,E33,E37
B95,B93,B00,R46, YR04,G07

9 comments:

  1. Kim - I love the colors used here - Edwin looks really good.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CAS card, Kim. Sometimes less is more and this is a perfect example. Very cute.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Great card...it is so hard to make cards that boys will enjoy too (well, it is for me for the obvious reason that our house is very estrogen based...my poor husband!) but this is perfect...love those dots in the corner! (I'm obsessed with dots lately for some reason!)
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool card Kim!!That Edwin is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on this sweet card, Kim! This little Edwin just looks like he has 'attitude'. Lovin' the sentiment!
    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim, great card. You did a wonderful job coloring Edwin, loving the background pp and the sentiment.. Great present your Mom got the family... Fabulous way to keep the family together!!
    Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute Edwin card and I'm LOVING the sentiment. Way cool!
    Blessings to you~
    Leslie Avila

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way too cute Kim! I know what you mean by away too long. Have not been able to make a new card but try to take peeks and comment whenever possible.
    Judy K.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's sooo sweet and cute Kim. He looks like you really enjoyed coloring him.
    Judy K.

    ReplyDelete