Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Very Simple Card and Some Blog Candy


Good Morning!!
I have a very simple card to share with you today. Sometimes the simple ones can be just as nice, dont you agree? I like how this one turned out. I used Apple Tilda. I colored her in with Copic Markers. Cut her out with Nestibilities and matted her on another nestie, did some freehand piercing around the image, popped her up and added some scrap DP and some gems. How do you like it? I really have to get moving on my Christmas cards and gifts. What normally ends up happening is I wait till the last minute and then I am really scrambling to get them done and out. I don't like that at all. I have about 100 cards to make and it's not fun scrambling to make those. I have pen pals that I write to each month and I send out cards to them too. At last count I had about 40 pen pals. I really enjoy writing to them. Some have not written in some time so I really should go through my list. The gifts I am making for my family are really turning out to be very nice. Unfortunately, I can't show them to you till after the holidays because my Mom reads my blog and it would spoil the surprise for her. (no peeking for you Mom !) After the holidays I will grab Mom's and take pics and post them. Yesterday I did manage to get my crafting area cleaned, YAY!! Today I get to play. It will be so nice to be able to create without all that mess and mostly everything in it's place. Today is a week now since I started blogging!! To celebrate this I am offering some blog Candy. Nothing too fancy but a little something to say thank you to those that visit my blog. I will send out some images, ribbon, brads, buttons, pieces of DP and Cardstock. All you have to do is leave a comment on my blog today. I will pick a random winner at the end of today. Good Luck!! Hope you all have an awesome day! Stay safe, Stay warm or cool, Stay smiling!
Happy Stamping,
Kim

13 comments:

  1. Look how cute she is in purple!! I also love the glitter paper........so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Kim, I'd have to agree, sometimes, "less is more." Your card is adorable! THanks for sharing. Keep up the blogging, you're doing a great job. You'll look back on all your entries and be glad that you've stuck to it! Stay in the loop~ <3
    Blessings~
    Leslie Avila

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's another cute Tilda. Each one is as cute as or cuter than the other. Keep stampin' and bloggin'. It's so nice to check and see something new every day.

    Love
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kim - she is as cute as can be and don't cha just love the way the red apples pop on all the purples. You know the first rule in art - KISS - keep it simple sugar.
    Sandy D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot believe you did that piercing by hand! It looks so perfectly spaced!!!
    I agree...she is simply delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How true, sometimes it is the simple ones that turn out to be the cutest ones.. I love Apple Tilda and you did a great job by just showing her.. very nice job... You put your own touch on the card an yet she shined through... great card.
    Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tend to do simple cards, so I agree wholeheartedly that they can be just as nice! It's a lovely card -- Tilda looks good in purple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim, your card is beautiful, I always love the simple cards, I love the colors you chose, simply beautiful. Congrats on having your blog running for a week now. I am not offically a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. your card is great and i hate to scramble to but sometimes i work better under pressure thanks for sharing a bit of blog candy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice card. Thanks for sharing you talent.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so right, Kim! Sometimes something simple can state so much! Lovely job on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just so pretty! Tilda is the star of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kim...I agree...sometimes simple is just glamorous...like a little black dress with a simple strand of pearls!! Your colors are just yummy!! I also really like the paper piercing! Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete