Thursday, October 21, 2010

Santa Helper Edwin


Good Morning!!


Another VERY early morning for me. As always I sit at the computer and stamp too. I finished this Edwiwn yesterday, another Christmas card. If I'm to send these out for Christmas I need to scale things down a bit. Make them smaller, otherwise it is going to cost me a fortune. I'm also looking for a handmade by stamp with my address on it. Anyone know where I can get one of those??

Well on to the card...I started with a White base, stitched on some DP, then stitched on some real red from Stampin Up, colored Edwin with Copic Markers, colored in a poinsettia from Penny Black. Both images were popped up with dimensionals. I added diamond stickles to the fur trim on Edwin for a little added bling. All of the stitching was done by hand (no room yet for my sewing machine, that is going to change though). I added some gems to three corners. Very simple but I like it!!
I am in the process of cleaning out my stamp area so that I can put my sewing machine on the table full time. :) I love to stitch on my cards and this hand stitching is getting old real fast!! My daughter also has a project she needs to do with the sewing machine so this is just the push I needed to get it cleaned up and sorted through.
I received more Copics in the mail from Rusty over at Oozak. I just love that place. They are not only for Copics either. They have a ton of stamping/scrapping stuff. Check it out. I almost have the complete set of Ciao Markers. Awesome!! I think I have 10 more markers to purchase to complete the Ciao set. Storage is a problem for me. I need something that is able to be taken from place to place with me, yet be good at home too. Any suggestions?? Hope you all have a great day!! Keep Safe, Keep Warm, Keep Smiling!!
Happy Stamping,
Kim
Copics Used:
E01, E00, E0000, E35, C5, C1, 100
G14, G5, Y17, R49, R35, R59

8 comments:

  1. Edwin is cute. The stitching turned out great for being done by hand. Such patience.

    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he is super cute! Love your layout too. Great job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I have that Edwin he's a real cutie. I bought a personalized stamp from Staples.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card Kim.. love the stickles in Edwins fur trim and adore your hand stitching.. your copic coloring is getting so good.. great job..
    Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable Kim. Your coloring is great and the gold accents are perfect!
    hugs,
    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute Kim. I love the red gingham paper and the pretty Pointsettia. The stitching around the panel is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a festive card! I love the checked background as it just draws your eye to the white background of Edwin (and to Edwin as well). I love it!

    XO,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Tilda card. You sure working so fast on your winter cards. I think I really should do more before Christmas comes :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete