Saturday, October 16, 2010

My First Easel Card


Good Morning!!
I finally took the plunge and made an easel card. I was more concerned with the construction of it, I think, than decorating. This is what I came up with. I can see me making a lot more of these, they are fun. This card was very simple. I started with a Stampin Up Crumb Cake base, added a layer of Cajun Craze, then a layer of DP by Cloud Nine. I then took a piece of Crumb Cake and embossed "Trick or Treat" in black. I sponged some Certainly Celery around it and added some buttons from SU and added it to the card. I also added a ribbon from Joann's. For the inside and bottom I just placed a piece of White cardstock down and then a piece of the same DP I used up top, a piece of Crumb cake that I embossed "Happy Halloween" on. Very simple, I know but like I said I was more concerned with making the card. I do like how it turned out though.
I'm having a girl's day out today. It's been a while since I have done that with my friend. We are going out to lunch and then going back to her house to scrap/stamp. She doesn't do stamping and cards and such but does make really beautiful scrapbooks. So, she will scrap and I will stamp. :) My Mom, Hi Mom!!, and her friend will be there too. Nice to throw ideas around and such. I'm really looking forward to it. Hope you all have a great Saturday!! Keep Safe, Keep Warm, and Keep Smiling!!
Happy Stamping,
Kim

8 comments:

  1. Cute card -- will see you later

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card Kim and glad you finally took the plung and did an easel card.. see it wasn't hard at all was it? Now you will be making lots of them...
    Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a wonderful job on your first Easel Card, Kim. Where is your Maggie on it! Did I miss something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim it's beautiful they are fun to make you have more places to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love easel cards they are so easy to make
    yours is great.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your easel card is great! You did a very nice job on it. I love the extra space the bottom gives for creating scenes.
    Huggeroonies,
    Kathy Gerace

    ReplyDelete
  7. THese easel cards are fun. Great job.
    Blessings to you~
    Leslie Avila

    ReplyDelete