Monday, October 18, 2010

Loves Me, Loves Me Not


Good Morning!!

Did you ever play that game...Loves me, love me not...with a daisy? Oh how that brings back memories.My nieces now play it. My Mom has a patch of daisies designated for just that. :) Anyway, this Tilda reminds me of that. Not so sure I like the way this one came out. The colors really don't coordinate. I should have used blue embellishments or green. I colored my Tilda in using Copic Markers. Started with a layer of Lovely Lilac by Stampin Up, then a DP layer (not sure who that is by). I then took a doily and placed that down and cut out my image in nesties oval and placed that down. I added a Flourish from Sizzix, a flower from Prima, and some brads from my stash. I also pierced all around the edge of the DP.
I took my laundry to my Mom's house yesterday. My kids spent the day together which was nice, they actually got along, very surprising. Today Mom and I are going to stamp at her house. Should be fun. I always have a good time at Mom's house. She was the one that got me started stamping, thanks Mom!! I went to a Stampin Up party and was hooked. Shortly after that I became a Stampin Up Demonstrator. I did that for five years and just recently got out of it. I found that I was working with a lot of "other" stamp companies and not ordering as much with Stampin Up so I dropped it. My friend is a demonstrator though so I order from her. She may be getting out of it too so I will have to find a new demo in my area. Ahh well! Do any of you "work" for any of the stamp companies? Would love to hear which ones and what you think of them. Keep Safe, Keep Warm, Keep Smiling!!

Happy Stamping,
Kim

Copics Used: E00, E01, E0000, E35, E 33, E11
Y17, B95, B93, Y06, Y03, R29, R27
C5, C1 and prismas, gamisol and blending
stump for shading

9 comments:

  1. See you a little later.. I love the daisy girl. I may have pus a little color on th e doily to pop it up.

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty!
    Hugs Jeanette :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this Tilda! Did you sparkle the flower or was it already done? It sure is pretty! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is pretty Kim, and yes, there is life after Stampin' Up! I think you're doing a wonderful job branching out and getting a little out of your comfort zone.
    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Tilda and card!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so cute. Keep posting and stay inspired.
    Blessings from Georgetown~
    Leslie Avila

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this stamp. I just made an anniversary card for my DH last week with this one. I will have to post is. Using some glimmer mist on the doily may have popped up your image a bit, otherwise it is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable Kim, love that stamp and I remember playing that as a child... then my kids played it and on and on.. you did a great job on your card... love your coloring and layout..
    great job.
    Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete