Wednesday, October 20, 2010

First Christmas Card of 2010


Good Morning!!

I could not sleep so what's a girl to do--stamp and blog. I received a call from a woman the other day from the Ronald McDonald house here in Buffalo. She had received some of my cards at some point (they had my name and address info on the back). She asked if I would be willing to make some more to donate to the charity. How could I say no, I felt honored. So, I am in the process of making some very simple cards for them, not like the Maggies I make at all. Still great cards but they can't take me forever to make and need to be easy to mail too.
Today's card is my first Christmas card that I have stamped for this year!! WOOHOO!! Only about 90 or so left to make. :) I used an image by Penny Johnson (Stampavie). I colored it in with Copic Markers. The base is Stampin Up card stock, next is some DP I got from Joann's that I pierced around the outside and added a ribbon around it, the next layer is the image. I cut it out with nesties, popped the image up with dimensionals and sponged around it with Versamagic to soften it a bit. I then added two corduroy brads from Stampin Up and a Gingham Bow. I so love this stamp. Isn't she cute?? I picked her up at my LSS--Buffalo Stamps and Stuff. Just love that place.
Yesterday went to the doctor for my back. They gave me some medicines to try. They switched my pain medicine which is good and bad, good because it really wasn't working but bad because the copay is so much more. The cost of prescriptions, even with insurance, is crazy. I go today for my yearly mammogram, oh fun!! I should be getting a shipment of Copics today. They usually ship within 2 days. I order from Oozak.com and have found them to have the best prices around. Shipping is free over $50 I believe. I had a huge order though because I combined with my Mom and her friend too. There is a link to them on my side bar they carry more than just Copics. Oh, I almost forgot to tell you...I was lucky enough to win some blog candy!! WOOHOO!!! Doing the happy dance, lol. I commented on Jacque's blog and my name was actually pulled out of hundreds of entries, can you believe it. I won some very Yummy PINK stuff for breast cancer awareness, it's all so awesome!! I have to find her blog and will post it for you to take a look. Check them out! Hope you all have a great day!! Keep Safe, Keep Warm, Keep Smiling!!


Happy Stamping,
Kim

Copics Used:E00, E01, E0000, E57,E35, E33, E11
G14, G05, R35, R29, R27, Boo, Y17
ETA: Here is the link to the blog I won the yummy candy from, she has an awesome blog, check it out. She does blog candy pretty frequently from the looks of it.

7 comments:

  1. wonderful christmas card.. ♥
    Hugs, Katrin

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is such a sweet card. I only have to make a few Christmas cards, so have been putting off buying a Christmas Maggie. I really need some ideas for Chanukah using a Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another cute Maggie. Love the ribbon combo. Get some rest and then happy stampin later today

    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Cards and you just gave me an awesome idea of what I could do for our Ronald McDonald house I think I'll make up some cards and drop them off to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that image...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and done for a wonderful cause.. thank you for doing that Kim... we all need to make cards for a cause...
    Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete