Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fall Class Card


Good Evening!!
I'm sorry this is so late but I have a good excuse. My Grandmother had surgery this morning and I went to be with her. She is 83 years old and had knee surgery. I don't get to see her as much as I would like to. She's doing fine. She's one tough cookie.
My card is one I made yesterday at my Stampin Up class. All supplies are Stampin Up. We started with a Very Vanilla base then added a Soft Suede layer. Then on Whisper white we went crazy, lol. Seriously though, there was a method to the madness. To start we took an acrylic stamp and using a light yellow ink we sponged that on the stamp directly. Next we took a green ink and sponged that on in spots on the same stamp. Then we took a orange color and did the same thing. Then we stamped on the paper. We got a nice Tri-color effect. We did that a few times until we were happy with what we had. We also stamped a background stamp and a stamp that looked like water drops. Then we took saran wrap and inked it up, stamped off on scrap paper and then dabbed on the cardstock all over. We did this with all the colors and it gave it a nice fall background. We then added the ribbon and popped up two leaves for added effect. Does this make sense at all? How do you like it?
Another damp and dreary day here, my arthritis is flaring up in a big way. I went to the doctor for it and they gave me some injections to help. They told me to move to a better climate, ACK!!!! Guess I'm stuck with this. As long as I can keep stamping!! Keep Safe, Keep Warm, Keep Smiling!
Happy Stamping,
Kim

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Kim, I remember doing a class something like this when I was in Stampin Up.. was fun.. Still have the stamp set... Your card turned out great and love all the colors your chose and the stamps your used.. love your choice of the ribbon, the gross grain is perfect for fall... great card...
    Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card was fun to make. The colors that we used are so fall like and reminds me of the leaves as they turn color. Some great techniques with the use of saran wrap and dimensionals.

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete