Thursday, October 28, 2010

Edwin on Ornament


Good Morning!!
Let's see if I can get this post right today, lol!! Here is another one of my Christmas cards. I sat down last night and figured out how many cards I needed to send out--103. OMG!! That is way down though from the past 5 years when I was a demonstrator for Stampin Up. I have a lot of pen pals and send them all a card and I have a big family too.
For my card I used Santa Helper Edwin and Ornament. The ornament looks much prettier in real life. There is gold Spica pen on it and it really sparkles. I started with a Cherry Cobbler base from Stampin Up. I sewed together a piece of River Rock cardstock and DP from the Cloud 9 Specialty Pack. I colored my images with Copic Markers and cut them out. Edwin is popped up. I then added a piece of Red Riding Hood Taffeta Ribbon. I put stickles on the fur lining of Edwins coat and hat. This really sparkles IRL. The DP has glitter on it too so that gives it a little extra too. I didn't keep track of the Copics this time...sorry!!
We are enjoying some beautiful weather here in WNY. Rained overnight so I'm hoping it will clear up for today but the temps have been very nice for this time of year. It won't last long. It has been known to snow on Halloween--gasp!! I sure hope not, as many of you know if you have been reading my blog, I do not like the snow. Ah well that's Buffalo for you!! Keep Safe, Keep Warm, Keep Smiling!!
Happy Stamping,
Kim

7 comments:

  1. Kim,
    Very cute card. Loving that Christmas is just around the corner!

    Blessings from G-town~

    Leslie Avila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim your card is very pretty. Last year I made a ton of Christmas cards for my family in Ecuador (not as many as you have to though) and I remember it took forever!! Good thing you're getting ahead start!

    Hugs,

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, you card is adorable! He looks like he was meant to sit on that ornament!!!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks great atop that Ornament!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edwin is absolutely adorable! Great card
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty ribbon bow treatment and fun DP for this festive Christmas card.
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edwin is perfect on the ornament. Lots of love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete